Using mobile phone for Internet and for ReachView at the same time

Thank you…
I think also that Motorola is the reason…
I will write you when I try another phone.

Regards

AT&T it is. I had success today using a mobile hotspot, but I am guessing that a SIM card would speed up and simplify data collection. Thanks for your response :slightly_smiling_face:

@dmitriy.ershov

The LED on the REACH RS2 was solid blue and a quick look at my mobile hotspot connected devices confirmed that the receiver was connected. The issue was that the Reach RS2 was not showing up in the list of devices on the mobile app.

When I tried connecting through the browser, I was using the IP address 192.148.42.1 that was called out in this document https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs/common/tutorials/connecting-to-the-internet/
No luck there either

However, when I went back to see the devices connected to the mobile hotspot, I discovered that the IP address was different. It was 192.168.43.177 - I typed that into the browser and voila!

@cobatz I was having the issue with my Samsung Galaxy S8 and I posted my solution above. In summary, I was not able to connect using the mobile app as the Reach RS2 would not show up in the list of devices. I was able to use the browser to connect to the ReachView using the devices IP address which was NOT the one that was listed in the EMLID documents. To find the receivers IP address, I simply went to my phone’s mobile hotspot and under the list of connected devices I was able to look at the details for the device and it was here I found the correct IP address.

I hope this helps and you are able to find a solution.

Thanks @jurijs.jeshkins

This tip got me on the right track and I was able to connect to a mobile hotspot and to ReachView through the browser today.

The issue that I had yesterday was that I did not have the correct IP address. I was using the IP address listed in the Emlid document https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs/common/tutorials/connecting-to-the-internet/

The actual IP address for the Reach RS2 was different and once I figured this out, I was able to connect!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.