Using a Tripltek for Wifi

Hi everyone. My set up is two M2’s as base and rover. I have no Lora. I would like to use Emlid Caster in the field. My phone as a hotspot limits me by hotspot broadcast distance. I would like a second source of internet connectivity. I own a Tripltek 7" Pro. I think it should be fine to buy the SIM and organize internet connectivity for the SIM through my cell company. Now the Tripletek stays with the base and provides internet and my cell stays with me and the rover for its internet connection. I should have no trouble using Emlid Caster with this set up. Do you agree?

I have an issue that is unsolved for me. When I am in the field with my 2 m2’s, I am not able to see all available wifi networks. For example, I was mapping a commercial building for a roof inspection recently. A guest wifi showed as available and I was able to connect to it with my iPhone. I could NOT see the same wifi network for my base or rover within Reachview3. I tried a manual connection because I knew the name of the wifi network. The network did not require a password. When trying to manually connect I was not able to join because the app seems to insist upon populating the password field. So, I could not manually connect.

I am also not able to see my wife’s iPhone hotspot with either M2 through Reachview3. Can someone explain why these networks are not available in Reachview3 for the M2’s?

Thank you very much.

We started using these for base stations. The power pack is mostly for our CORS.

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Now the Tripletek stays with the base and provides internet and my cell stays with me and the rover for its internet connection. I should have no trouble using Emlid Caster with this set up. Do you agree?

The setup looks good, indeed. Both units are provided with the Internet with the mobile hotspots. So, the corrections should be transmitted fine via the Emlid Caster.

A guest wifi showed as available and I was able to connect to it with my iPhone. I could NOT see the same wifi network for my base or rover within Reachview3.

Reach M2 should detect and connect to Wi-Fi networks just fine. Does the network work at the 2.4 GHz band or the 5 GHz band? Or maybe both? Reach receivers support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks only.

The network did not require a password. When trying to manually connect I was not able to join because the app seems to insist upon populating the password field.

Have you used the Security type Open?

I am also not able to see my wife’s iPhone hotspot with either M2 through Reachview3.

Please check that the firmware and the app are updated and try to connect Reach to the hotspot following the steps from our guide. In case you face any difficulties, let me know at which step it happens.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.