Upgrade to ArduPlane 3.8.3

Dear Emlid,

I wish you all a happy and healthy new year.

I understand that the latest Stretch version of the Navio2 release comes with Arduplane 3.8.1. I want to upgrade it to 3.8.3.

In the unmodified Stretch version I found a file named “arduplane” in the directory shown below. Would I replace it with a similar file for version 3.8.3?

If yes, then where would I find the 3.8.3 file?

Thanks,

Paul

===

pi@navio:/opt/ardupilot/navio2/arduplane-3.8/bin $ ls -l
total 1224
-rwxrwxr-x 1 root root 1252364 Sep 14 08:31 arduplane
pi@navio:/opt/ardupilot/navio2/arduplane-3.8/bin $

Hello there!

The recommended approach is to launch it like this. You can find and download the binary from here. Look for the navio2 directory.

Thanks George, I’ll have a look and give it a go.

Paul

Did you manage to do it like this. I got an ascii error, cant read characters between line 23-25

Barry,

I downloaded the latest stable arduplane release (3.8.3) and substituted it in the location shown in the Emlid documention, excerpted below.

Paul

===

The comments speak for themselves. The only thing you need to adjust is

#ExecStart=/bin/sh -c "/home/pi//// ${ARDUPILOT_OPTS}"
to something like this

ExecStart=/bin/sh -c “/home/pi/arducopter-quad ${ARDUPILOT_OPTS}”

Other than that the launching procedure is no different than the one described above with the only exception that you need to use systemctl utility with ardupilot service instead of arducopter/arduplane/ardurover and use /etc/default/ardupilot for ARDUPILOT_OPTS modifications.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.