Update / Upgrade Raspian Navio2

More urgently, I am more worried as to why do I see this error below now after I try a normal sudo apt-get update && sudo apt -get dist-upgrade? I downloaded and loaded the Navio2 latest image file from Emid today, and tried the update and I get this error:

"The repository ‘http://files.emlid.com/navio2/debian buster InRelease’ is no longer signed…therefore disabled by default. "
Has Emlid already ended Linux support for Navio2?

Also, the RPi4B USB failure after you do a normal update is directly related to the RPi “optional” eeprom fix/update related to power. But It is not optional - it is mandatory. If eeprom is not upgraded at the same time or before you do a normal update, all USB connections will be disabled after doing the normal update, and you have no reasonable way to recover (no mouse or Keyboard will work, SSH may work). However, I can’t do the eeprom update now because of the “Emlid repository is no longer signed” error i identified above.

Please help.

When I click on the NAVIO2 documentation download link nothing happens unless I right click and “open in another window” and then the download of the image then begins. I
s there perhaps a mirror site or alternative server I should be using, i.e., is this related to the error I see?

I am having this same “repository not signed” error while trying to configure my Navio2. I can update other software packages by deleting emlid.list from /etc/apt/sources, but that prevents the emlid raspbian image from updating.

I’m running a Raspberry Pi 4 8GB, by the way. Seems like that has been causing problems for some.

Since I can’t wait, I have decided to use the command that bypasses the Emlid repository, which should allow me to run concurrently the apt-get update with the eeprom fix, in order to avoid the eeprom power issue and subsequent USB ports failure.

Please fix the Emlid repository issue of "no longer signed…therefore disabled by default. "

I used the command that bypasses the Emlid repository, which did allow me to run concurrently the apt-get update with the eeprom fix, in order to avoid the eeprom power issue, however when I re-booted, all my USB ports, key board and mouse, were dead again.

So, I can’t do apt-get update due to the Emlid repository issue of "no longer signed…therefore disabled by default. Then I tried bypass of Emlid repository but upon re-boot, all my USB ports, key board and mouse, are killed.
Then I tried to SSH into my RPi4, but Like many others, I can’t enable wiFi in order to SSH into RPi4 using Putty (supposedly because of an unsolved HDMI/wiFi interference issue on RPi4) . Then I tried to access my RPi4 remotely over the internet using RealVNC (because I can still access the internet over my 5G connection), but because I can’t do apt-get update I can’t enable RealVNC.

Emlid, To start with, Please fix the Emlid repository issue as soon as possible. When will this be fixed?

Hi there,

We’re working on solutions for all update-related issues. I understand that this may cause difficulties and slows down your projects. We’re in the process of fixing this.

The only workaround, for now, is flashing the SD-card with the latest image without updating the packages.

Rob, I’ll additionally check this issue with the repository and write you back.

1 Like

Hi Rob, Travis,

The issue with the “No longer signed” error should be fixed now. May I ask you to check this and give us feedback?

Yes, it worked for me. Thank you Svetlana so much. I can proceed now. Much appreciated for making this happen quickly.

The Updates worked. I enabled SSH and VNC. I Re-booted and all USB ports fail (the RPi4 issue), so I’m now trying RealVNC to get in now.

Per

I finally found the solution that immediately fixed the “all USB ports fail” issue upon reboot. This is a known issue. RPi4 4G and likely 8G models have a bug that requires you to add this line to your /boot/config.txt file
total_mem=3072
This limits you to only 3G. So I guess I overpaid for a 4G board that is limited to 3G RAM). Simply adding this line to the boot file fixes this. I suspect the newer Kernels (5.3/4) have fixed this (this is one more reason for Emlid to update 4.19 to 5.4 or later). By the way, without a working USB port, I had to update my config.txt file by removing and popping my SD card into my Windows machine. This fix was very hard to find. Well hidden I would say (perhaps because “buyer beware” that RPi4 boards 4G and 8G are all limited to 3G). The 2G boards don’t have this issue. Alas, it just means I probably can’t load and use Chrome which I don’t anyway.

1 Like

@rma153

Works fine for me, thanks alot!

I’m still having the same issue after installing the updates. My usb port are still not working.

If you have the RPi4 4G or 8G
did you try add
total_mem=3072
to your boot/config.txt file and reboot? It should fix the dead USB ports issue.
I accessed my boot/config.txt file by removing my SD card from my RPi4 and popping it into my Windows PC, open the boot folder, look for config.txt and open with a text editor and add
total_mem=3072
and save it. Remove SD, re-insert SD in RPi4 and reboot.

Hi @bobbyl8133,

We’ve just fixed the issue with the “No longer signed” error. We’re still working on the issue with USB-ports.

Hi there,

We updated the current Navio2 image with a new kernel v5.10.11. It should fix the issue with USB ports on Raspberry Pi 4.

Please run sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade command to get an update. Let me know if you face any difficulties.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.