Update, Reach RS problem in step 2

Hellos for all,

I have a little issue

I connected to RS receiver to them ReachView a software upgrade alert was present. At this moment is upgrade required but they show a message to use de re-flash tools. I follow the guideline and no was possible to upgrade my firmware.
The tool keeps in the second step y and no found the receiver.

did anyone get any experience with this problem?.

Thanks and good day.

Hi Bernardo,

Welcome to the community forum!

Please check if the following steps will allow you to reflash the unit:

Please let us know if it helps.

Hi Polina nice to meet you
I thank you for your help

I can comment the next to referent:

1. Was reinstalled the tools
  2. Was reinstalled Edison driver
  3. And I followed the guideline in Firmware reflashing | Reach RS2/RS2+
  4. I test somethings different USB port

I took precautions to remove other USB connections. The only keep was Receiver connection(USB), But still not find de GNSS with the “Reach Firmware Flash Tool”.

I will keep trying!

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-18 at 13.32.20|321x550

There are some posts about this problem you can search for… but I think someone’s latest solution was to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the Flash Tool? You can try that?

Hi timd1971,

I’ll try and tell you about how it went.

thank!

Bets redgard.

Try rebooting also.

Make sure you follow directions exactly.

Start flash tool “WITHOUT” RS connected.

With RS powered off.
Plug in USB.
Then power on.

I use the original pisen usb cable. Not all micro usb cable works

2 Likes

Hi TB_RTK

I connected the GNSS with my own original and another USB cable, but the “re-flash tools” no detected them.

(I’m used Win10)

1 Like

Yep

I run the Flas_Tool as administrator and follow the step-by-step directions:

My receiver still is not detected

Best regard.

Well… good luck… this is a problem that apparently Emlid is working on.

You can search about this… long confusing reads… but it is what it is.

I am sure I will be dealing with this again when I go to update again.

My biggest problem is USB-to-PC isn’t working with my (2) RS Edison based receivers. Seems the PLUS versions and beyond don’t have these issues. Obviously the newer devices have moved on for the better… but there are still many original Reach / Reach RS users that need support.

Always wondered why this is with the PISEN cable?

Did you ever get your Reach RS detected and updated?

If not, I really think you have to follow the solution link below. Basically you have to force Windows 10 to install UNSIGNED DRIVERS (the Edison drivers). Then the Flash Tool should be able to detect the older edison based Reach RS in order to install latest firmware. After that initial install, you won’t have to install via this route, but can from within ReachView Control Panel. (I do not think you need to install the Zadig USB drivers, I think that is for the Reach RS+ units (Neutis), which do not use Edison chip).

Well. Not all cables are capable of data transfere but PISEN does. Some is charge only.
And without knowing it’s kind of hard to tell if the cable would transfere or not.
So it’s just easier to refer to the PISEN.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

Let me inform you that we have released the new version of our Reach Flash Tool. You can download it in our Firmware Reflashing guide.

This version allows you to reflash the Edison-based devices - meaning Reach RS and Reach Module, - without additional installations. So the issue with the reflashing procedure should be resolved.

Please keep us informed whether this version works as expected for you.

1 Like

Blockquote Hey everyone,

Let me inform you that we have released the new version of our Reach Flash Tool. You can download it in our Firmware Reflashing guide.

This version allows you to reflash the Edison-based devices - meaning Reach RS and Reach Module, - without additional installations. So the issue with the reflashing procedure should be resolved.

Please keep us informed whether this version works as expected for you.

Blockquote

thank polina.buriak
I will download th tool and tell you as result
thank for helping

Hi polina.buriak

I tell you my RS is working and update, thanks!. New Reach Flash tool version was the solution.
Thanks for your team.

2 Likes

Hi Bernardo,

Great to hear it, thanks for the update!

Yes, new version flash tool seems to work for its purpose to update, thank you. But sending NMEA data via USB-to-PC connection still never works with Reach RS Edison units even after uninstalling Edison v1.2.1 drivers and reinstalling new Flash Tool that “supposedly” installs what is needed for detection?

Anyone else able to use the USB-to-PC connection feature successfully to a Windows COM port? (not Bluetooth, but USB cable).

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.