"Unable to connect to reach" since one week

Hello! we’ve been using 5 Reach RS2+ for 6 monthes now.
since a week, on Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5, I have the “Unable to connect to Reach” message, with sometimes a random OK connection. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, forget the Wi-Fi connection, reboot as many times as possible the phone/reach, but nothing. for 3 new Samsung Galaxy X cover 5, 2 are not working. Wi-Fi connection looks ok, and Reach/reach panel works on Samsung Galaxy S21 without any problem…

any advice? thanks.

1 Like

Hi @informatique,

Let’s sort it out. I have some questions to get the complete picture:

• Are all Reach devices on the 27.1 firmware version? If so, do you link the issue with the update?
  • Does it happen when phones are connected to Reach hotspot? Or are they both connected to external Wi-Fi?
  • You also mentioned Samsung Galaxy S21. Does the same behavior repeat with this model?
1 Like

Hello svetlana. All Reach devices are on the last firmware, yes, and it can be a thing to follow, I didn’t liinkled the 2 events but maybe I can search this side.

It happen when phones are connected to the reach hotspot yes, I tried to go far away of any Wi-Fi signal…

Samsung Galaxy S21 can connect absolutely perfect without any problem, when tried friday, between to connexion trys on Galaxy Xcover 5, the Galaxy S21 was able to connect fast and nice…

update: after verification, 2 of 3 reach are not on the last firmware. this does not change anything…

Problem solved!!

after searching around for a while, we discovered that you have to get the Firmware up to date, before update the Emlid app! I don’t really know why the updated reach wasn’t working, but now that we updated all reach properly, all phones can connect to all reach! thanks again

1 Like

Hi @informatique,

To be honest, there are no specific requirements regarding an order of updates. But updates are a good thing, no doubt. Probably, some rare issues were fixed there.

Anyway, good to hear everything works now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.