Hello, I am trying to get two Reach M+ receiver modules get a fix from a Reach RS+, however, only one seems to get into Fix while the other fluctuates between Fix and Float. is there anything i can change to sort this out?
It is necessary to know following information before we can provide you with the suggestions:
- Firmware image and ReachView version.
- System report.
- Detailed problem description. How does observed behavior differ from the expected one?
- Your step by step actions.
- Picture of the setup and connection scheme.
- If using any additional hardware please provide exact make and model.
Thank you for the quick reply.
1-The firmware image version is 2.20.8 and ReachView version is 1.5
2- The system report for the two receivers and the RS+ is attached.
3- The problem is only of the receiver is getting a stable Fix while the other does not hold the Fix and keeps fluctuating between Fix and Float.
4-My step by step action after changing the settings are simply to turn on the RS+ and then turn on the receivers and wait for them to get into the Fix status.
5-I am using the body of a DJI F450 just to hold the receivers.
6-im using a powerbank to power the receivers
Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
system report.pdf (134.5 KB)
Thanks for sharing the info! In your case it’s important to see how the antennas are installed on your drones. So we’ll need the photos of hardware setup
A few things need to be improved your setup:
- antenna placement is sub-optimal, that close to the motor for 2 reasons: The first reason being vibration from the motor(-arm), and the second being EMI from the motors. You also need to elevate the antennas more. When using the tallysman antenna, you should elevate at least 10-15 cm. You could also use a dome/helical antenna. That would allow more flexible placement.
- you need to increase your ground-plane (the metal under the antenna) considerably. At least 6 cm diameter, preferably 10-12 cm. Also make sure your cable is not bending too hard, and is routed through and under the ground-plane quickly as possible.
Im just using the frame as support for the receivers though, i don’t plan on turning on the motors at all at this stage.just need to verify that the two receivers can get a fix.
Ill try your second point and let you know of the results.
Let us know how it goes!
Also see this thread: Antenna Ground Plane
Thank you for your suggestion, i tried it and it worked well.
Awesome to hear!
Thanks for letting us know.