Trimble Base NTRIP issues

Hello @PotatoFarmer I have a Survey Campaign and I think NTRIP is the way to go. Have a Trimble NetR9 as a Base Station, I was hoping to use SNIP, but I had no luck in figuring out the configurations, I was led onto RTK2go, I am stuck with the same question which is, how do I configure my Receiver to message with the Internet/Network IP address. Hoping you might have played with Trimble Devices and might be able to help a friend.

Hi Tomisona,

I’m a bit confused. Do you have Reach as a rover? Have you had some issues with Emlid NTRIP Caster? It should work with 3rd-party receivers too.

No, I don’t have an Emlid Unit, looking to use Emlid Caster to beam Correction from my Trimble R10 [Its got a Sim Slot] to the R8 Roving Unit.

A bit Clueless where to configure the IP Address, Port, MountPoint, Username and Password on the Trimble R10.

Got you. Thanks for the clarification.

With the ag trimbles it has been as easy as activating the 1008 message.

But I will have to try and see if my Trimble still fixes with all the new updates. Emlid runs the latest msm messages. I will see if the trimble will understand.

See here: To create a GNSS contact for a rover Internet data link

You need to create a GNSS contact. I would
Circle back with your distributor if you get stuck.

OpenTo use corrections from an NTRIP server

1. Set the Use RTX (Internet) switch to No.
  2. Set the Use NTRIP switch to Yes.
  3. To force the Trimble Access software to always use NTRIP version 1.0, select the Use NTRIP v1.0 check box.
  4. If the NTRIP server:
  • uses a proxy server, set the Use proxy server switch to Yes and then enter the proxy server address in the Proxy server field and enter the Proxy server port.
  • does not use a proxy server, set the Use proxy server switch to No.
  1. To connect to a mountpoint on starting a survey without being prompted for the mountpoint name, set the Connect directly to Mountpoint switch to Yesand then enter the Mountpoint name.If a mountpoint name is not specified, the system will prompt you when you start a survey. Your selection will then be stored in GNSS contacts. If the specified mountpoint cannot be accessed when you start the survey, a list with available mountpoints appears.
  2. If a user name and password are required to use NTRIP server, enter the details in the NTRIP username and NTRIP password fields.
  3. In the IP Address and IP port fields, enter the information for the NTRIP server that were sent to you from the data provider.
  4. If the rover must supply identification information through regular NMEA messages to the base data server, select the Send user identity infocheck box. At the start of the survey, the software asks you to enter this information.
  5. Tap Store.

For more information, see NTRIP server settings.

I meant to include this. You wouldn’t use the Emlid Caster but rather Trimble Access to do this…

To configure base data upload settings

Use the Corrections tab in the Edit GNSS contact screen to select where the base data will be uploaded to and to configure connection settings for the server.

OpenTo upload corrections to an NTRIP server

1. Set the Use NTRIP switch to Yes.
  2. To force the Trimble Access software to always use NTRIP version 1.0, select the Use NTRIP v1.0 check box.
  3. To connect to a mountpoint on starting a survey without being prompted for the mountpoint name, enter the Mountpoint name.If a mountpoint name is not specified, the system will prompt you when you start a survey. Your selection will then be stored in GNSS contacts. If the specified mountpoint cannot be accessed when you start the survey, a list with available mountpoints appears.
  4. If a user name and password are required to use NTRIP server, enter the details in the NTRIP username and NTRIP password fields.
  5. Enter the IP Address and IP Port of the NTRIP server you obtained from the operator of the server. The IP Address and IP Port values are displayed in the IP Settings of this base field in the Base screen that appears on the controller connected to the base receiver once you start the base survey.If the IP address of the base controller appears to be invalid, Trimblerecommends that you perform a soft reset of the device before you connect to the Internet and start the base.To connect a rover to the base, you must start a mobile Internet base with a public IP address.
  6. Tap Store.

For more information, see NTRIP server settings.

OpenTo upload corrections to a broadcast server

1. Set the Use NTRIP switch to No.
  2. Enter the IP Address and IP Port of the server you obtained from the operator of the server.The IP Address and IP Port values are displayed in the IP Settings of this base field in the Base screen that appears on the controller connected to the base receiver once you start the base survey.If the IP address of the base controller appears to be invalid, Trimblerecommends that you perform a soft reset of the device before you connect to the Internet and start the base.To connect a rover to the base, you must start a mobile Internet base with a public IP address.
  3. Tap Store.
3 Likes

@Zaz5400 @svetlana.nikolenko I have setup an NTRIP Server on my Trimble NetR9 using Emlid Caster Service. For some reason, I can’t get corrections on my Trimble R10.

I had the exact same experience with rtk2go Caster. What could i be doing wrong?

In need of Assistance from anyone who can help.

Address: 159.89.221.86
PORT: 2101
MountPoint: MP1898
Username: u63696
PW: 445enm

I don’t know why you are using their caster service. It doesn’t make sense to me. Stick with the manufacturer that you are working with on both base/rover.

1 Like

Short of an Extra Controller that I would need to keep fixed at the Base.

Figured out what’s been the problem. Had been trying to stream out RTCM 3.2, CMRx, RT27 @1Hz update rate as well as OminData[Trimbe].

I think Caster Services don’t support other message formats besides RTCM or multiple message Format.

Thanks for all Contributions. Love the Forum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.