Tracing points on the ground

With Emlid (base + rover) it is possible to carry out works with cadastral precision?
My doubt is the monofrequency.
I’m not practical with GPS instrumentation.

I think that to “measure” there are no problems.
My doubt is: is it possible to trace points directly on the ground without losing accuracy? working in RTK there is no post processing. And we do not have double frequency. Is this a problem?

Yes. It’s definitely possible.
And if you have a good VRS service to use you can even skip the base. But working of a long range e.g CORS, keep the base or work of monuments to process your way around. It takes some knowledge but it will get you there.

and about : is it possible to trace points directly on the ground without losing accuracy? working in RTK there is no post processing. And we do not have double frequency. Is this a problem?

Should work fine yes, the target circle if i recall right is 2,5cm in diameter.
https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs/common/reachview/survey/#staking-out-points
But it will always depend on your situation, like under trees, next to tall buildings, noisy environment etc.
L1 only will give you some challange working with long baseline +10km or in situations harsh multipaths, beeing aware of this you should be able to do many of the tasks a duo frequenz does.
If you are not sure about the L1, might be an idea to do a trial with this system. Are you located nearby any of the dealers? or nearby any other user that are willing to offer you a try?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.