Timestamp inconsistency (survey points vs logs)

Hi Zoe,

I’ve investigated the data you shared. The start and end of the point collection in all the tests lie within the rover’s raw data log time. So, the intervals from the CSV file seem fine. If you find the lag by checking when a minute turns, a human factor can play a part there. To see if there is indeed a lag in the recorded time, I’d recommend processing the data in Emlid Studio.

You can use the Stop & Go feature in Emlid Studio to calculate separate points. The points’ coordinates obtained from raw data will be averaged automatically using the time intervals from the CSV file.

Please check whether you can get the correct results in Emlid Studio. It’s needed to understand if the difference between the extracted coordinates and the ones from the CSV file in your test was related to the data quality or something went wrong during the processing. If you face any difficulties with Emlid Studio, don’t hesitate to contact me.

If Emlid Studio works for you, I’d suggest using it for your survey as a most straightforward way to process data. If it doesn’t suit your needs, please tell me which result you expect and how it differs from the one you can obtain with Stop & Go. Also, please elaborate on these points:

• How do you use the CSV time intervals to extract data from solution logs?

• How did you measure the 15 seconds lag in the latest tests?