Timeout waiting for autoscan/No mavlink device connected

Hello everybody, I’m a complete noob,
I have a NAVIO2 and whenever I try to connect via USB to Mission Planner, it says “timeout waiting for autoscan/no mavlink device connected”. Whenever I try plugging in my NAVIO2, no com ports show up on my computer. I have followed all the steps to program NAVIO2 on the computer. I have no idea what to do or how to approach this problem. I have tried plugging it in another computer as well, I get the same message. Is there a driver I need to install? If so, what is it and how do I install it?
Please somebody help me, it would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:
Thanks in Advance

I guess you are trying to use the RPis micro USB? That is only to power the Raspberry, not for USB connection.
Please read the documentation at docs.emlid.com

Hi Sebastian thanks for the response. The navio2 is plugged in the raspberry pi 3 via GPIO header. I’m trying to connect this to mission planner via the RPI 3’s microUSB port. You said that’s only for power. What does that mean? How do I connect it to mission planner then?

You really should read the documentation.
The Raspberry Pi is a computer. The Navio is a IMU (Inertial Meassurement Unit) shield/HAT for the Raspberry.
You can connect to the RPi via network or serial connection. The easiest would be to plug in a network cable and then do the initial configuration as described in the docs.emlid.com

Alright I read the documentation, and I hooked up a telemetry radio. Whenever I try to connect NAVIO2 to MP via telemetry radio, I get a “No packets received, can’t connect to Mission Planner” error. The baud rate is set at 57600 on both MP and com port. What could be this issue?

What is baud rate of the radio?
You can setup radio using MP Configuring a Telemetry Radio using Mission Planner — Copter documentation.

This topic was automatically closed after 100 days. New replies are no longer allowed.