Time Mark input

Hello, I bought a cable from Tuffwing for the Sony but I forget to buy one for the Canon S110 so I made a circuit of my own that output normally 3,6 Volts and 0,05 Volts when the camera take the picture.
Can I use the Time Mark Input of the Reach or I need 0,0s Volts normally and 3,6 Volts when taking picture?
p.s.
I will change the resistors until I get 3,3 Volts

Thank you

Hi,

0,05 V should be enough to register an event.

Dear Igor,
So it register an event when V > 0 only or I can set it to register an event when V = 0 ?
Thank you

It is TTL, so it would register event approximately <1.5V.

Thank you
I will try to test if the log works at home

p.s.
Isn’t TTL standard >2 V <0.8 V ?

The last question, what if I feed 5V to the Time Mark pin? It would simplify the adaptor but I don’t want to burn something.

Thank you

Same question here. In https://docs.emlid.com/reach/electrical-specs/ says that all logic pins are 5V tolerant. Also, it says that the time mark pin includes an over-voltage clamp and a current limiting resistor. @igor.vereninov But just to be sure, will a constant 5V on the time mark pin cause an overheat and burn the circuit?

1 Like

Time mark input is current limited and clamped to 3.3V, so no worries you can apply 5V safely.

2 Likes

Thank you

Hi,

I am using a raspberry for the time mark. It’s work well, However what is the minimum time for the low inpulsion to be registered in the reach?

Thanks,

Emilien

Hi. Can you give me morevinformation how you did your circuit to canon 110? Many thnsx
Pedro

1 Like

Sorry for late reply, do you still need that?