The Inverse and Traverse tools in Emlid Flow and Emlid Flow 360

Hi everyone!

We’ve released the long-awaited Inverse and Traverse tools in the Emlid Flow app and Emlid Flow 360. No more calculations in third-party software—new tools are accessible directly from the project, and everything you do is shown on the map.

Inverse

The Inverse tool shows the information about the collected geometry for further decision-making in the field or in the office.

Open the Inverse tool in a project and select any number of points. Depending on the points count, you can get these types of calculations:

• Direction (Azimuth)
  • Slope distance
  • 2D distance
  • Height difference
  • Grade
  • Delta E/N
  • Area
  • Slope Perimeter
  • 2D Perimeter

Traverse

The Traverse tool creates new geometry and helps you transfer a survey plan to a real site, quickly refine the project design in the field, and calculate inaccessible points.

• Open the Traverse tool in a project and select a starting point. To create the next point, you can enter
  • Distance,
  • Direction (Azimuth),
  • Height difference.

To save the new point, don’t forget to enter its name, description, and code.

Inverse and Traverse are available with the Survey Plan in Emlid Flow, along with localization, linework, coding, satellite map, and WMS layers. Try it out with a free 30-day trial.

To get more information about working with the new tools, check out our Inverse and Traverse guides.

19 Likes

Top Sache, gefällt mir.
Jetzt nurnoch Triangulationen aus gemessen punkten und Flächen mit Triangulationen kontrollieren.
Dann wäre alles perfekt.

Weiter so!!!
:+1:t3:

3 Likes

It would appear that you have not changed the azimuth output to read degrees minutes and seconds. Rather you state degrees and decimals thereof!!

From a land surveyor point of view this is not appropriate or acceptable. Please change. Thanks

4 Likes

Yes, I agree with @kencormier.nsls . Decimal degrees are a good option to have if you don’t have a converter from dd.dddd to dd.mmsss, you can add or subtract. Even then you’ll need a converter to DMS to DEC format. But most if not all surveyors use the DMS format. All of our old plats, maps and plans are in DMS format.

This needs to be changed to DMS format. Thank you

4 Likes

@kencormier.nsls @EBE111057 Thank you for the comments. DMS support is coming next.

5 Likes

That’s great! Will be looking out for it. Thanks

4 Likes

Great addition, its always improving!! Thanks

3 Likes

Die inverse funktion ist super. Wäre toll, wenn noch das Volumen ermittelt würde.

1 Like

Volume computations in the field might be great, but I’ve never in my 50 yrs of surveying provided field computations to a client, especially any volume computations. I’ve always verified field computations in the office. But to each their own.

I think this may be beyond Emlid capabilities at this moment of their development, Emlid currently needs to concentrate on their basic COGO functions foremost.

They have come a long way since I first bought their M2’s 4 yrs ago… they have a great future as far as I’m concerned.

6 Likes

Hi, great job! I’ve been a happy Rs3 owner for a few months now and I really appreciate your commitment to the continuous development of the app.

The new inverse and traverse functions are definitely useful, but I would have a suggestion for a further implementation. It would be great if it was possible to copy a direction with the inverse function, including the calculated angle, and then use the traverse function to project the same direction.

I tried to do this by copying the angle from the inverse function, but unfortunately it is not possible to paste it into the angle field of the traverse function (in the iOS app). This functionality would be really important, especially in work settings, to increase the accuracy and speed of work

5 Likes

Hi @1573barbaglinicola,

I understand what you mean. I’ve reported this to the developers, and they suggested a workaround: copy the angle with three decimal places, and it should work.

2 Likes

You need to write down the number on a piece of paper.

Then, switch from the “inverse” function to the “traverse” function.

It would be helpful if you could copy the value from your phone and paste it into the “traverse” function box.

Unfortunately, the iOS app for iPhone allows you to copy selected text, but it does not work with the input field of the “traverse” function.

1 Like

Hi @1573barbaglinicola,

The copy-and-paste feature will work if you copy with 3 decimal places.

RPReplay_Final17141432891-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

3 Likes