Telemtry Connection Refused

1. Running image 20180525 on RPi 3B. ArduRover 3.3.0
  2. We have a hardwired connection from a switch to the RPi, but ubiquity wireless back to the ground station. The Windows 10 ground station and the RPi 3 with Navio2 see one another and I can ssh and VNC from Windows to RPi. I wish to connect Mission Planner via TCP since the network has DHCP reservation structure, therefore I have an effectively static IP. I edited the defaults for ardurover telemetry to include:

TELEM1="-A tcp:192.168.88.6:14550" # GCS IP
#TELEM2="-C /dev/ttyAMA0"

# Options to pass to ArduPilot
ARDUPILOT_OPTS="$TELEM1 $TELEM2"

# -A is a console switch (usually this is a Wi-Fi link)

# -C is a telemetry switch
# Usually this is either /dev/ttyAMA0 - UART connector on your Navio
# or /dev/ttyUSB0 if you’re using a serial to USB convertor

# -B or -E is used to specify non default GPS

Mission Planner consistently report connection refused by 192.168.88.193 which is the IP of the RPi. I have changed the port to 5678 and back again, but it has not helped.
I see other issues like this in the forum. Is there an exhaustive checklist for machine to machine connection with Mission Planner and ArduPilot?

TCP is a client server based protocol. Instead of telling ardupilot, where to send the telemetry, you have to tell it on which IP it should listen for incoming connections. Or you can just use -A tcp:0.0.0.0:portyoulike to listen on any available IP and interface.
TCP has more overhead and if the connection is lost, you have to manually reconnect, while Missionplanner and QGC pick up any incoming UDP telemetry automatically.

Hi @andy.mcleod,

Is there any specific reason why you want to use TCP connection? As @schuermannsebastian mentioned, you can use UDP as well.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.