Tap into Navio2 with Java

I would like to purchase a Navio2, but there are a few things I would like to verify. Thanks in advance.

I am building a rover and the code is mostly complete, I need an accurate gps for it.

I am interested if the raspbian, comes with java installed/ can have java installed.
Can the input from the gps, barometer, accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer be requested/accessed by java code, if so how?

Thank you

Hi @fosos!

I can’t think of a reason why it can’t be done with our Raspbian image.

You can easily get Java installed with the following command: sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre or sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk if you need JDK.

There are several ways of accessing the data from sensors.

Firstly - you can simply launch ArduPilot with mavros and get the data from it. Just follow the instructions in our ROS docs.

Secondly, you can try to implement device driver for each sensor or find the existent one. Take a look at our drivers written in Python and Oracle docs describing how to communicate with SPI Bus. You can also read about other people’s tries here, for example.

The third way might be not so good in terms of performance, but it would be much simpler to implement. You can use our drivers and create bindings to them.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.