Survey walktrough

REACH-RS

updated to to the latest firmwayre.

Lack of documentation to do survey with the app.

I mean:

-Start Survey project on rover side and enter antenna height. I assume this is the pole+antenna and connectors
-Start collecting points? But where do I enter Base antenna height?

Coud soneone put light over my head so we can start testing and compare with our actual suevey hardware?

Test purpose are to just setup the base, start it - start Rover and get fix. After that, just starr collecting points.

Will test deeper after that

Yes.

If you are using Reach as base, this is done under “base mode” menu with manual coordinates on base.[quote=“Pat_Savard, post:1, topic:6353”]
Coud soneone put light over my head so we can start testing and compare with our actual suevey hardware?
[/quote]

Not sure how to respond to this.

3 Likes

Hi, have you gone through Tutorial –
Introduction | Reach RS/RS+ ? It will be a little easier for a FORUM member to answer specific questions. Welcome.

To elaborate on @TB_RTK’s answer, it must be done on the base station on the base mode page:

The base antenna coordinates and the base antenna height are transmitted in RTCM message 1006.

2 Likes

OK got it… Base coordinate in Manual!

will test further tomorrow!

thanks for the help!

Antenna height setting for the base is only available in manual, as if you determine base position from averaging, measurements are already done at the ARP and height of the tripod does not matter.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help. We were just a bit mixed up on starting using it.

We have 2 REACH RS kits that we really want to use on a daily basis and we are now ready to test Survey on known coordinates