Suggestion for an Android Tablet

Hello Lovely People,

I am looking for suggestions for a rugged Android tablet to use Reachview 3.
We want to use the Emlids with mor eof our field staff and I am looking to learn from anyone who has experience using any android tablets. Currently I use an Android phone but if I am giving over the system to our field staff a tablet would have a bigger screen and presumably long battery power.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I’m bias, but these have worked great E38 Vivid Android Tablet – E38 Survey Solutions

3 Likes

Handheld NAUTIZ X6 WORKS AWESOME

5 Likes

I also have had good results with the Cedar CT8 tablet, similar to the E38 tablet mentioned above.
Bought it as a package from Microsurvey, when they first introduced the Microsurvey FieldGenius Android version. Great form factor versus the usual tiny data collector screen.

2 Likes

I also use a tablet with Field Genius for Android, I don’t use the Reach3 app personally. The reason is that app does not work in landscape view. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e with my Reach RS2.

2 Likes

Besides the fact MicroSurvey FieldGenius is a full fledge surveying app. ; )

3 Likes

I have had the exact experience and would likewise endorse this combo which I got directly from MicroSurvey

3 Likes

Very true, for my needs I needed a more robust and flexible program. It suites my needs. I also have RV3 on it as well and can use either program on it. The tablet and set-up has worked well for me in the filed. I would post a picture if I could of the tablet set-up if I could.

4 Likes

Get a samsung galaxy tab android tablet and then buy a sturdy protective case maybe a good idea!

2 Likes

I use a Samsung galaxy active tab 2. Got it from eBay for $60. Comes in rugged case.

4 Likes

I purchased the Galaxy Tab 3 (Ruggedized) from Amazon brand new for about $350 (sale price). WiFi only version
Amazon link
Also bought this very nice rubberized protective case for about $25
Also a screen protector
Working very well.
The screen size is not as large as The Cedar CT8 Rugged Tablet but the OS and hardware runs faster and is close to 1/3 of the price. The Cedar CT8 didn’t last as long as I had hoped.
The Samsung screen is brighter & prettier

3 Likes

Check out the Tripltek 9 Pro, it’s a little pricey at $980. The specs are amazing, see

It’s the best tablet I’ve ever owned, I bought it for my Field Genius software but I haven’t transferred it yet to the Tripltek. It’s got the brightest screen in full sunlight, it’s amazing ! It’s real fast also and has 12GB of ram and 8 core processor, etc. It’s a very rugged built tablet.

In purchasing equipment, if I can justify the cost, I try and always buy the best if affordable. I’ve learned you get what you pay for.

I’d highly recommend buying !

4 Likes

I also had a CT8(P400P) look-a-like that didn’t last long enough to merit the cost, and the Ohio dealer that sold it and my RS2s can’t return a phone call for service or answer questions!

1 Like