Stuck in time sync

My reach module is, according to docs, in time sync mode (green and magenta blinking). It doesn’t help if I start it in known WiFi area (connected to such just minutes before the time sync). It doesn’t help if I put it connected to an antenna in the open area for 10 minutes. Still both leds blinking. There’s not hotspot from Reach visible, there’s no IP taken from reach in WiFi. What can I do to get it working somehow?
One other thing. When Reach connected to WiFi and I was able to run Reachview, the led was green (not blue as stated in docs).

Hi!

Did you actually connect Reach to a wi-fi spot? Because, if Reach starts in an area with a familiar network, it will connect and the time sync will look like blue/magenta blinks.

You can also perform time sync via GPS, it will require about 30 seconds of moderate satellite visibility, like throwing your antenna out of the window.

Could you please elaborate the exact line where this is stated? I can’t seem to find it.

I already mentioned. I started in known WiFi range (router and mobile hotspot, both previously connected to), I left it for 10 minutes in open space, nothing, still green and magenta blinking.

“If a known Wi-Fi network is detected, Reach will connect to it and set the LED blue. If the scan found no familiar networks, a hotspot is started and the LED will light green.”

Whenever my Reach module connected to a WiFi network, the LED was green. That was before it got stuck in time sync. Now I cannot connect to anything, even own hotspot doesn’t start.

As per the docs, this means it did not connect to the network and therefore can not perform the time sync. If you see this lights combination, look for a hotspot. Maybe, try to add your Wi-Fi network one more time. [quote=“klemen_fgg, post:3, topic:6089”]
“If a known Wi-Fi network is detected, Reach will connect to it and set the LED blue. If the scan found no familiar networks, a hotspot is started and the LED will light green.”
[/quote]

Yes, this lights up for a moment and during time sync. Reach always ends up in solid green after time sync is performed. We are working on LED statuses atm, will try to bring less confusion.

As nothing else worked, I flashed the Reach module with ReachImage_v2.3. I was able to connect to it via USB. It created a hotspot and then connected to a WiFi. On initial run of the ReachView the Time Sync was successful, but the update failed. Current version is 2.2.6-r0, it tried to update to 2.5.3-r0, did some downloads, but suddenly stopped and declared failed update. After rebooting the module doesn’t connect to WIFI anymore, doesn’t create own hotspot and doesn’t connect via USB. The status LED is white/pale blue and a little magenta on the side.
I tried the same procedure once again and the result is the same. I tried with the Edison image and it’s the same.

Seems like you have a very weak connection. Can you try updating with a different Internet source?

I flashed the reach module once again. The first ReachView update again failed. Out of despair I clicked on Update again and this time the update was successful. Everything works fine after that.

1 Like