Static survey

Can anyone teach me how to conduct Static Survey and Procedure using Emlid Reach?

What do you want to get out of your survey?

Hi Joseph,

Could you please tell me whether you want to determine your base station’s precise position or collect points with base and rover? With that information, I will be able to provide you with a detailed workflow.

1 Like

i want to get accurate position of a point base from the known position, it is about 20km from the known point. the area doesn’t have Network connection so correction thru internet is not applicable. i think static survey will do the work.

i want to get accurate position of a point base from the known position, it is about 20km from the known point. the area doesn’t have Network connection so correction thru internet is not applicable. i think static survey will do the work.

Hi Joseph,

I’d suggest using the PPP technique in your case. You can follow these steps to determine the base position with absolute accuracy:

• Place your Reach base considering the recommendations from this guide
  • Record a raw data log in Static for at least 4 hours
  • Upload the log to a PPP service such as CSRS-PPP. Please note that PPP services need some time to get precise ephemeris, so you will need to wait for a while to get a better solution.

With logs from single-band receivers such as Reach RS+, CSRS-PPP can provide ~30 cm accuracy only. If you use Reach RS2, you can determine the base’s position with centimeter accuracy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.