Static Processing Only Shows Float in Emlid Studio

I think I am making mistakes, but I don’t know what they are. I am looking for some guidance.

I set an RS2 as a base on an unknown point (1.83m static receiver height). I recorded a 23-minute raw log file after obtaining a Fix with a local CORS station. During the entire time, the receiver showed a Fix in Emlid Flow. I was able to convert the raw file to RINEX for an OPUS solution, which I obtained.

I wanted to compare the OPUS solution to the base marker position in Emlid Flow (using an average Fix with a 10-minute averaging time). I also wanted to compare the base marker position to the Static Processing position output from Emlid Studio.

When processing a Static Receiver position in Emlid Studio using the static processing feature, the response shows a 100% FLOAT, not a Fixed position, but showed a Fix 100% of the time when recording the raw log file in Emlid Flow. I don’t understand why. I must be doing something wrong, but don’t know what it is.

I have all the files (receiver raw, CORS observation, OPUS solution, and static receiver processing) in a zip file ready to add to this post, but don’t know how to add them.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

I am sharing the static processing file on Dropbox here:

Hi @cerretaj,

Welcome to the community forum!

When I processed your logs with the default settings, I also got 100% Float. So I checked the logs.

Most of the satellites with SNR 45+ are higher than 30 degrees above the horizon. So I decided to increase the elevation mask to 30 to use only them in the calculations. I also set the filter type to Combined. And it did the trick: 99.8% of Fix in Kinematic processing. With these settings, I got a Fix in Static too.

Speaking of OPUS, I’d say that a 23-minute log is too short. We recommend recording logs for at least 4 hours to get the best accuracy. It’s also better to upload them the next day after the survey. Some OPUS stations provide data daily, so it’ll help you ensure using them in calculations.

5 Likes

Yes! Thank you so much!!! I was able to get 100% fix also. I really appreciate your comments, Julia.

Thanks,
Joe

2 Likes

Joe,

Glad that I could help :slight_smile:

1 Like