Static on Emlid reach rs

Could you please show me which open source software that can do static with Emlid reach rs?

{mod edit: Removed unintended lines of text}

http://www.rtklib.com/

The RTKLIB software is pre-installed on every Reach device. It is open-source software, but the installed version may have been modified by Emlid. RTKLIB is the back-end open-source processing software, and ReachView is the front-end closed-source software. If you require your project to be open-source only, then you could remove the ReachView software and only use RTKLIB. Understand that you would be working on the command line only (no web-interface/no GUI), unless you created your own front-end software.

If you are doing a custom project, then it may be of benefit to check out this blog and the associated “demo” versions of the RTKLIB code:

2 Likes

Thank so much. Could you please guide me to do static mode buy using Emlid reach rs with RTKLIB

First you need a person who is familiar with:

• the Linux operating system
  • removing and installing software
  • compiling software from source code
  • writing scripts in Bash (or Python, etc.)

Once you have that person working for you, then we could provide some answers to their questions.

Otherwise, you should just use the included ReachView closed-source software like 99.9% of people. It will be a lot less work. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank so much
I can write Java, C code. If i use the included ReachView i don’t know how to do static mode
could you guide me how to do static mode using ReachView.

Thank in advace

In ReachView, static mode is selected as shown in the docs here:
https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs/common/reachview/rtk-settings/#positioning-mode

To guide you further, I need to know if you will be doing PPK or RTK.

I mean that Example i have one referent point but i need to create one more so need to do static mode do how ? PPK

Right now there are many ways to do it by PPK:

1. Simplest for the technician on site is to make separate logs for each point:

• move rover to point
    • turn on raw data log
    • write down the point name and the log file time, so that can be matched later
    • stay until you have collected enough data (10min? or maybe longer? 20-30min+)
    • turn off raw data log
    • move to your next point and repeat
    • when done and back at the office, post-process each point’s log file
  2. Quickest for technician on site is to make continuous raw data log:

• move rover to an area that has a clear view of the sky
    • turn on raw data log
    • wait for 10 minutes while rover presumably collects enough data to achieve fix
    • In ReachView, create a survey project with project settings of single-mode and 1 minute
    • move to first point and in Reach View collect the point (1 minute) and give it a name
    • move to next point and repeat
    • when finished and back at the office, download the survey project file in CSV format.
    • open the file and use the columns for point name, start time, and stop time and make sure to disregard the coordinates because they were collected in single mode
    • after post-processing the log file, select the portion of the log for each point and average it (the rtkplot.exe program can help you do this)

Sorry, I had to write quickly. That is as detailed as I can do at the moment.

1 Like

Thank so much for your kind. I saw they used EZSur software but the price so high so i try to fine open source software

I assume you have already read this, but here is a link to the post-processing guide in the Emlid documentation:

The software download links are in there too!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.