State Plane Zones Geoid 12B Support

Sorry if this question is redundant but I could readily find a post discussing it.

Can anyone give the timeline for supporting working in State Plane systems in the app/onboard software?

Generally there are a lot of features being worked on at once. Timelines are not normally given, and if they are it is just an estimate. So don’t get your hopes up when any software developer says feature X will be ready in two weeks :slight_smile: That means they are just telling you what you want to hear.

It is best to monitor the News category and when you see State Plane support announced then act surprised and excited :wink:

Of course the odd comment / re-request doesn’t hurt to keep it on everyone’s minds. Keep your fingers crossed for now!

1 Like

Bide, Thanks. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

These things are built one on top of the other. It’s a little hard to determine a specific timeline. At the moment we are working on surveying features, just not the local coordinate systems. Additionally, I always thought that this kind of processing is still easier to do in something like QGIS.

1 Like

@egor.fedorov Sorry, I wasn’t trying to take a shot at you! And you’re right, third party apps already do these things. I probably should have mentioned that.

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry. Everybody knows that’s how it works :slight_smile:

Yea I understand it can be done with third party apps, but for realtime applications the ability to work in the system of your choice is a necessity. The interface is so well developed and useful just lacking this one feature. Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.