Stakeout "freezes"

Hello, what is your experience using RS2 for stakeout with Microsurvey FieldGenius or Carlson SurvPC/CE app. I use my RS2 as RTK rover, I get CORS correction through 3G modem. Sometimes it “freezes = no coordinates refresh” when I do stakeout. It is drive me crazy. I use this setup guide Setup Guides for EMLID and FieldGenius for Windows - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software and and I have my RS2 connected to my windows 10 tablet or my windows mobile handheld trought Bluetooth COM PORT. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Patrik,

May I ask you you share the Simple system report so that I could check the settings? You can PM me with that in case it contains any sensitive info.

Thanks for help.

ReachRS2_Simple_Report.zip (1.1 KB)

Hi Patrik,

Thanks! I’ll check that and get back to you.

Hi Patrik,

It seems the settings are ok. Is there any chance you could record a screencast when the issue occurs?

Hello, finally the following solution helped me. I set up NTRIP corrections directly in Reach. And the stakeout is pretty smooth. Originally I had the NTRIP correction set in Fieldgenius / SurvPC app, and that was the problem. It measured well, but it froze when I do stakeout. Thanks.

Hi Patrik,

It’s interesting. We’ve tested receiving corrections from Filed Genius via Bluetooth and haven’t faced such issues. Thank you for sharing this! We’ll check it once again.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.