Spoon Feeding

Happy Holiday, Guys!

Firstly, thanks for all the help getting started.

When using Reach to establish a known point via ppk workflow, what are the best settings.

From the docs:

Positioning mode
Single - standalone positioning mode, does not provide improved precision.
Kinematic - most used positioning mode, assumes that receiver is moving.
Static - an assumption is made that Reach is static. Constraining the system helps to resolve ambiguities faster as well as produce measurements with higher precision.
AR (Ambiguity resolution) mode¶
There are two main strategies for resolving ambiguities:

Fix-and-hold: after first ambiguity fix hold them constrained. Fix is more stable, but in case first initialization was not correct it will take longer to recover and initialize correctly. You can think of it as if Fix had inertia.
Continuous: ambiguities are resolved epoch by epoch. Less stable, but no risk of holding a false fix.
In real-life conditions on moving platform Fix-and-hold provides better overall performance.

If Reach will be set up logging for at least 30min. are these settings appropriate?

Positioning Mode: Static
GPS AR: On

Should AR Mode be Fix and Hold or Continuous?

Glonass AR should be off?

And is this basically the best way to post process or?

1. log for an amount of time.
  2. reconcile with CORS corrections.
  3. average positions.

Someday one of you could use the docs as a wireframe and fill in some best approach and practice for different use-case scenarios. :wink:

Thanks.

No one has any idea on these settings? Or the title is throwing you off? It just means infant-level questions. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I use Continuous. It might be me but i think its better to have a valid fix or no fix then a fals fix and fix “all” the time. But it depends how critical the measure is.
Glonass off if using any other device in your setup then Reach. Otherwise its on

This one is a bit diffuse in general. Its definitely a way to go, but the end goal with it tells if this is good enough.
If surveying property area i would split the log in 2 or 3 seperate timeperiods with least an hour between the first and last to be absolute sure any errors is ruled out.
But this in one out of many existing routines one should follow, but then again it depends on the use of the surveying. So its hard to write a unified guide for this. Something might be overkill to do, like the one mention above. But i am no licensed surveyor and there is propably other stuff to be mentioned.

If you just want to postprocess the data, only a few options have to be set in Reach View.

• RTK-Settings\GNSS select:
    select the GNSS systems you want Reach to log and at which time interval it should do that.
    If you are going to use data from a CORRS station, then I guess GPS, GLONASS and maybe a third system which is available in your region is a good choice. Afaik CORRS stations send data in 1 second time interval. So select 1 Hz as update rate.

• Logging:
    enable RAW data logging. There you should select Rinex.

That will give you GNSS observation and navigation files which then can be used in postprocessing along with similar files from a base station (CORRS).

Although if you want to have real time RTK solutions, more settings have to be set and a real time data stream must be available.

Thank you, @TB_RTK and @Sidux.

Initially I will just be trying to establish some points in order to later give RTK a try. I understand different settings for different tasks. The Docs don’t give much guidance so it seems prudent to ask rather than selecting one or another without really knowing the consequences. It’s better to know the rules and then break them rather than break them without knowing if than makes sense. :slight_smile:

Thus my suggestion that maybe those in the know might author some basic guides on the steps you take to start a particular task and don’t even give it a thought.
This can be done by using the “collaboration” link on the Docs page.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.