Sound alerts on RS2

Sound Alerts are barely heard, despite setting the volume to maximum in Reach View.
Reach firmware: 26 Beta 1.

1 Like

Hi Víctor,

Thanks for the report! We’ll test it with our devices and I get back to you.

1 Like

Hello there,

I have the exact same problem, I can barely hear when the antenna switch from Float to Fix and the reverse, although the sound volume is set to maximum in the settings.
When I select the volume level in the settings, I can hear the volume indication beep loud and clear so it is not a hardware problem (the speaker), it’s a software one.

According to me it’s not related to the 26 beta 1 firmware. I have experienced this problem for weeks now, well before the 26 beta 1 firmware release.

Would love to get a fix for this problem.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi Rom,

Thanks for the report! We’re looking into this issue. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Hi Víctor, Rom,

Is there any chance you could share the Full system reports from your units with us? You can email us at support@emlid.com with them since it may contain sensitive information.

Hi there,

Just want to post an update here that I’ve received the report from Víctor. We’ll examine it, and I’ll get back to this thread.

1 Like

Hi Rom,

We’ve found out that the issue is hardly related to the software. We continue troubleshooting with Víctor by email since the data we need contains some sensitive info.

is there any chance you could share the Full system report from your device on support@emlid.com?

Hi Svetlana,

Done, I’ve just sent the full report.

Have a nice day !

Hi Rom,

I’ve received that. Thanks a lot!

Hello, i have the same problem with sound alerts after firmware 26 update.
Sound alerts (fix / float) are very weak (max volume) . The speaker makes a weak buzzing sound and sometimes the sound for fix is the same as the sound for float.
RS2 is new and the sounds worked fine before the update.
Also the blue led for output is always on even when in settings all are off.
Good job fixing the stability problem with wi-fi!

Not sure if the Emlid Store sells this option? Might need to 3D print some mounts for the rover pole.

4 Likes

no sound can be heard in version 26

1 Like

Can confirm. Sound is gone completely.

1 Like

Today I work with the new version! Congratulations !!! just a little low the tone of the fixed solution.

Hola buen día, hace 9 días que adquirí un equipo RS2 con la versión anterior a la 26, no he actualizado aún y con el sonido configurado al máximo apenas se escucha.

Hi there,

We’re already investigating this case. However, if you could email us with Full system reports at support@emlid.com, it would be of great help.

1 Like

Hi Andres,

Please keep the conversation in English so that other users can participate as well. Thank you!

ok thanks, i wait for an answer.

Hi Andres,

Is it possible for you to email us with Full system reports at support@emlid.com? It will help us to check if there are any issues with sound alerts.

Hi there,

Just want to let you know that we’ve found out the root of the issue. I’ll get back to you once we release the fix for this. Thank you for your reports!

3 Likes