Sound alert in ReachView 3

It is recommended to add sound alerts to the ReachView 3 apps. For example when it finishes collecting a point, also when it reaches the point to be staked out, etc.
Thanks

7 Likes

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your idea! I’ll pitch your request to the team for consideration :slight_smile:

Before this, just wanted to clarify a few details. How exactly would sound alerts be helpful for you? Do you need this feature for some specific projects?

1 Like

I agree with this request! Its very helpful to know via an auditory clue that the collection is complete. It just works as another check as sometimes you can hit collect, be doing something else and forget you hit collect on that point and collect it again. Similarly for stakeout to do perhaps a series of ping sounds that get quicker the closer you get to the point you need to stake.

1 Like

I don’t need it for a specific project but in a general way. With a lot of sunlight it is difficult to see the cell phone screen and the audible alert would be of great help. I think they could start with a sound when it finishes collecting a point and continue adding sound alerts to other functions of the application as indicated by Dbuchanan.

3 Likes

Hi there,

Ah, now it’s clearer. It’s indeed not always convenient to check the screen. And such an option will allow you to know the exact moment when the point is collected.

As Yaroslava mentioned, we’ll note your request. Now, after we have fully understood it, we’ll discuss with the team if we can implement such an option.

2 Likes

Hi! The RS2 has an amazing feature, when you get fix solution it makes a sound, and a different one when you lose signal (float). I know that this sound is generated inside the RS2, but is possible for Reachview to give that kind of sound alert? We don’t have that option in the RS+ and it would be a great improvement.

1 Like

Hi @rsurveyor1,

We’ve received a request for adding a sound notification in ReachView 3 when a point is collected, but that’s something new! Thanks for the idea, we’ll think about implementing it.

Hi Kseniia! Sometimes you’re so focused on the job that you just forget to check for the fix signal, that would be a great improvement for sure. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi guys,

Coming back with the news: now you can hear a sound once a point is collected. If you want to make it louder, just increase your phone’s media volume :wink:

2 Likes