[SOLVED] GUI for Navio-pi

I’ve been trying to get a GUI running on my windows from the pi Via WiFi but unfortunately that didn’t work. I understand that navio-pi distribution is intended for embedded system and I wonder if there is a way to get a connection with GUI using TightVNC for example. Thoughts?

I assume you are running the real time image emlid provided, if that’s true, then there is no gui. You need to use the cli to configure the pi

Right, I’m running the real time image and I’ve been using Putty. I have other applications in image and signal processing that require GUI, for instance displaying an image using “fim”.

Hi Alex, if you need GUI you can install it using apt-get:

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg xinit xserver-xorg-video-fbdev lxde lxde-common
1 Like

That’s amazing Mikhail! I finally got it to work after wasting many days on this issue trying many different light GUI packages, thanks Mika.

I’m using remote desktop via Win10 to access the Pi. The TightVNC viewer didn’t work and it was displaying gray screen with a cross on it.

The response of the Pi is slow but I would guess that’s cased by the wireless remote access I setup.