[Solved] Erratic motors

But what I am trying to point at with the readings I got from the arduino, is that the PWM signals on the Navio aren’t “clean”.
Since I have the exact same problem with the DJi 30A opto ESC (which are fairly common), it seems to indicate this as well.

Hi Sebastian,
[edit] (Never mind - I just found your separate post)
[/edit]
I quickly read your post yesterday - I don’t remember exactly what you did do RC6. Can you post that information back when you have a moment? I would try it as well shortly.

It seems some incorrect settings for the “gimbal settings” were the cause of my issue.
I’ve now completely disabled all gimbal settings, and I am ready steady pulse frequencies with my arduino. Now I just need to test with a motor, but I will only do that next week end.

I do not think you set something wrong, there must be a bug in the code for the RC coprocessor.
One of the features of the Navio2 board should be to support different PWM frequencies on the output pins. The Navio+ only supported one frequency for all pins, so it was not possible to use anlog servos with Arducopter for example.

Yeah, seems like there’s something wrong with frequencies. We’ll look into it.

@mikhailavkhimenia

Any update on this?

Whenever I enable an RC10_FUNCTION or RC11_FUNCTION it seems to cause the problem. I was trying mode 29 for my landing gear. As soon as I enable either, my motors go crazy.

I have to set rc_speed=50hz, restart arducopter, and then my motors behave normally.

For now I can’t use the landing gear or a camera gimbal.

True, there is an issue with that. We are on it.

It is an issue with setting any function any any of the spare PWM outputs. I just confirmed when setting RC12_Function for a servo output, then tried it on RC5_Function.

Where are you guys on this… I need to control a parachute output as well as some other PWM outputs. It would be good if you guys could releases the RC Coprocessor code / kernel module code so we can get this fixed along with some other issues with the coprocessor code if the developers are too busy with other stuff, I am sure there are people in the community (me included) that could fix these bugs.

Dale

This is fixed. Will roll out update early next week.

Can’t wait to test!

Will you reply to this thread when the update is posted? Thx.
I have the same problem. Just tried to attach a gimbal and motors started twitching erratically.