SNR Mask Configuration

What is the function of this setting in the SNR Mask? if I got float solution what should I do to improve the solution, it’s increase the value or decrease the value?

Thank you

If you got a float, you could try lower the SNR mask values. That would give you more sats in your solution, but at the cost of letting bad quality sats into your solution. However, it could also go in the other direction, and just get even worse, still in float. In that case, I would try to increase the SNR mask values instead. In general, you shouldn’t use sats below 40 dbhz if you want a consistently repeatable & trustworthy fixed solution.

Hi Naufal,

Thanks for joining the Emlid Community! Thanks to you, too, Christian, for your valuable insights!

Finding the appropriate SNR mask value is an iterative process. Too low, and you obtain a lot of noisy signals; too high, and your receiver will exclude usable signals. Processing with higher and lower values will help you find the best setting for the SNR Mask.

Here, I’ve lowered the SNR mask value from 42 to 40 in my small project, and the percentage of FIX raised from 50.5 to 87.6.

I also recommend our new post-processing software, Emlid Studio. We’ve tried to make this app intuitive and easy to use. It can convert Reach logs between different formats, perform point processing and show results on a plot. Here you can check it out!

2 Likes

So we can do the trial and error for the best solution result to this SNR mask value?

Thanks you for the help Christian

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.