Sending RAW data over UART/USB on Reach M+

Hello,

Is it possible to send raw data (ublox or rinex) via the UART/USB interface like is possible to do for the position output.

We know that we can use the logging option, but we are interested to have an automatic system to reduce human interactions.

Thank you,
Sylvain

Hi @Sylvain,

In the meantime, the only way to get the raw data from Reach is to download them manually in the Logging tab. It’s not possible to output it in the same way as position, I’m afraid.

May I ask you to tell me a bit more about why you need this? Maybe I can recommend a workaround.

Hello Tatiana,

We are going to equip a fleet of 20 vehicles which will cover around 80,000 km each spring to analyze road conditions with an on-board system that collects information from different sensors and the GNSS position.

To increase the accuracy of positioning by GNSS, we will use the PPK using the GNSS data from the vehicle and from the different fixed bases installed by the government on the territory.

When the driver has completed his journey, he connects the vehicle’s on-board systems to the central system and the data transfer is automatically started. When the transfer is complete, the classification and analysis of the data are automatically carried out.

As the system is fully automatic, it is also necessary that we can transfer GNSS data without human intervention. As we are satisfied with Emild’s products, we would like to use them in this system.

Thank you,
Sylvain

Hi @Sylvain,

We don’t have a ready solution for such a task, however, if you’re experienced in working with Linux systems, you can ssh into reach and use rsync to get the data remotely.

Hi Tatiana,

The system we develop is under Windows. We also prefer to have data in real time and not polling them with a rsync command.

Thank you

Hi Tatiana,

Is this something possible in a near futur ?

Sylvain

Hi @Sylvain,

We don’t plan on implementing such a feature in the near future, I’m afraid.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.