SBM connectors

I was wanting to create and easy way to swap out M2’s from my boat, quad and rover. I’ve got the waterproof connectors for the basic wiring, but nothing for the GPS antennas. I see you can get bulkhead SMB connectors which would work great, but they’re offered in 50ohm and 75ohm. Also, any recommendations on quality cable to match?

Hi Shaun,

Along with the antenna, Reach M2 is not waterproofed, so it should be protected somehow, too. I can hardly suggest anything particular as M2 isn’t designed to be used somewhere water can invade it. A better solution for the boat is to use RS2 since it’s IP67 protected, which means it’s water- and dustproof.

1 Like

The M2 is completely waterproof. I just wanted an SMB connector within the antenna wire’s compression nut instead of

being inside the case. I would just make it easier to swap out.

2 Likes

Hi Shaun,

M2 isn’t protected by IP67, so it’s not waterproof by itself. I see that you’re using the case for M2, which I assume is the protection against the intrusion of water. But, please, make sure that M2 is properly ventilated. In the closed case, it can heat up to high temperatures.

Reach uses an MCX connector. You should be able to find the MCX connector of such type.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.