Save point of BASE location with survey?

This is probably simple, but can this be done in case my BASE’S position is disturbed at a later date of return to set back on?

Thanks!

1 Like

There are 3 other similar requests:

Feature Request: Base station coordinates in export - i.e. have the base coordinates in the survey export.

Feature Request - Base Location Height - i.e. Save the base location to the base device.

Both of these have been marked as possible and may appear in the future.

And the other: Base Coord - #8 by ashley.walker

5 Likes

So what do y’all normally do? Just write the coords of the base down?

1 Like

I write down or screen shot. After being lazy on a few projects I have decided if I am running base and will PPK to an absolute position to always put a marker in the ground regardless of whether I think I will return or not (like yesterday…)

I thought I have seen it appear in one of the logs but I can’t reproduce it right now…

How do you plan to return to your base position? Are you receiving corrections from somewhere else :thinking:

1 Like

Typically within a few days. Could be more. No corrections form elsewhere, just from the BASE.

Good ideas, thank you @RTK_Hunter Will have to look into the logs you mentioned.

1 Like

We usually screenshot as part of our process. Make it part of your setup routine and do it while standing next to the base station as soon as the rover has a fix.

1 Like

Maybe I am a bit confused but if your base position was moved or destroyed how would you accurately (RTK) your way back to that position if you no longer have a known base point?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.