Same issues as: Navio+ isn’t detected

Hi,

I have the same issues as this thread: link with the same hardware except that I have the 8GB version.

my image and ArduPilot version are:

Here is also picture of the setup and connection scheme:

Let me know if I need to compliment with any test or images.

best wishes.

Hi @mustah,

Thanks for the report!

Do you have another SD card at your disposal to test Navio+ with? I know that some of our users resolved the issue by changing the SD card. If you have one, it can be useful to test it out.

As I see, you’re using a brand-new Raspberry Pi board. Have you tried working with this Navio+ earlier using another Raspberry Pi? I just want to understand at what stage the issue appeared.

1 Like

Dear @liudmila.slepova,

Thank you for the quick response. I do have a couple of other SD cards and I have tested them with the same issue.

This is the first time I work with the board but I have had it for a while. Is it helpful for you if I try to find another raspberry pi board to test Navio+ on?

Sincerely,

@mustah,

Sure, if you have another one at your disposal, it’d be helpful to check how it works!

@liudmila.slepova I will ask my friends if I can borrow one of their. Is there a specific model you would like me to try out?

Sincerely,

Dear @liudmila.slepova,

I have tested Navio+ with Raspberry pi 2 Model B V1.1 and I experience the same issues. Would you mind shed a light on why one face this issue?

Sincerely,

Hi @mustah,

Thanks for checking this with another board!

Since the behavior repeats, we can conclude that the issue isn’t on the Raspberry Pi side. Probably, something is wrong with the physical connection between Navio+ and the boards. Can you check that the pins on the extender aren’t tilted in some way? Does Navio+ sit tight on that pin extender?

Hi @liudmila.slepova,

Yes, the board did sit tight on the extender for both boards.
Currently, I have it on RP4.

Do you wish me to send images for RP2?

Sincerely,

@mustah,

Those are enough, thanks! I see that Navio+ is attached properly.

Let’s try reflashing the SD card with the previous image. Maybe it can help to resolve the issue. You can download the image from this post.

Hi @liudmila.slepova,

I reflashed the image you linked to but it did not work. Raspberry 4 did not connect to the network.

When I think about it I don’t think the image work with the new raspberry haha.
I will try tomorrow with raspberry 2.

Sincerely,

Hi @liudmila.slepova,

When I tried it out with RP2 and it would not connect to my wifi I will attach an image.

I have assumed that it will connect to my wifi without me needing to attach it to a monitor. Of course, I did change the wpa_supplicant.conf file.

I will attach this in case I am doing something wrong that I am missing.

PS: I did reflash to the latest image, I was afraid I was doing something wrong with the wpa_supplicant.conf file. But it worked fine with the latest image.

Sincerely,

Hi @mustah,

Oh, I forgot to mention that Raspberry Pi 4 8GB is supported with the latest image only.

However, it’s still better to check Navio+ with Raspberry Pi 2 to understand whether it works with the previous image.

Maybe, the psk parameter was commented. Usually, I forget to uncomment this parameter and wonder why the device can’t connect to the network :sweat_smile:. Can you double-check this?

Hi @liudmila.slepova,

Yes, I did, still not working :confused: The USB wifi dongle does not even light up as it should.

Sincerely,

Hi @mustah,

The previous image should work with RPi 2 boards, but it seems that something unknown to me produces such behavior. Also, I can’t be sure that your Navio+ doesn’t affect this too.

We went through all possible steps to troubleshoot the issue with Navio+ with you so far. I believe the board has hardware-wise issues causing it not to be recognized by the software.

Please, check your PMs as I’ve messaged you there with a further suggestion about this case.