RX position output over USB C>PC

Before acquire the unit we need to know if Emlid RX sends position data over USB C to PC or not. Thank you.

Hi @ballcir,

Welcome to our community!

Reach RX outputs its position only via Bluetooth. Other Reach receivers also support the Serial and TCP options. So, if streaming the position over USB is required for your application, I’d suggest checking Reach RS2+.

@ballcir,

Would you mind describing your application and the desired workflow? It will help me provide more suggestions for you.

Thank you kseniia, thanks, we have an RS2 and it works great for us. GNNS unit guide vehicle with an inspection instrument on the ground, the PC application that guides the vehicle in real time seems to have problems with the VCP Bluetooth connection and RS2, we will try an external PC USB bluetooth V5.0 dongle to see if it manages the connection better and if it goes well we will acquire the RX because it is lighter and does not have as many inertias.

Hi @ballcir,

Got it, thank you for the details!

we will try an external PC USB bluetooth V5.0 dongle to see if it manages the connection better and if it goes well we will acquire the RX because it is lighter and does not have as many inertias

Can’t provide much info about a Bluetooth dongle setup since we haven’t tested it. But if you can set it up for Reach RS2, I think a similar setup should work with Reach RX.