Running programs on Edge?

I hve read that the Edge is based on a Raspberry pi compute module. That rises the question whether it is possible to run custom programs/scripts on it?
Or would a Navio2 together with an Raspberry pi 4 be the better choice for that?

By the way, a compute module carrier board for the cube would be a fantastic product. I know they exist, but I would love to have it made by Emlid and sold for a competitive price.

1 Like

Hi @tobias-dahms,

I hve read that the Edge is based on a Raspberry pi compute module. That rises the question whether it is possible to run custom programs/scripts on it?
Or would a Navio2 together with an Raspberry pi 4 be the better choice for that?

Navio2 would be a better choice for your purposes. Edge was predominantly made for video streaming, and it is not designed for running custom scripts.

At the moment, Navio2 doesn’t support Raspberry Pi 4. However, we have plans on adding it soon.

2 Likes

You probably have seen but to be clear something like the Lychee, but built by Emlid?

I am in similar situation and was considering the Navio2 to run some code I have been compiling already on a Raspberry Pi 3 I had sitting around.

That is exactly what I think of. I think Lychee is great but it is to expensive for a carrier board and I think it would be great to get it from a company which I already know.

I also consider the Navio2 solution, but I would prefere to have a lighter solution which is also separated from the flight controller.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.