RTKLIB convbin exclude system syntax

I would like to run convbin CUI tool to convert .UBX to RINEX but I’m unclear on the syntax to exclude SAT systems.

do I put a -y marker for each system or use commas or what is the right way

./convbin -r ubx -f 1 -y C -y E /home/patrick/Downloads/roof5APPGOODtest/rover3/r3.UBX

./convbin -r ubx -f 1 -y C,E /home/patrick/Downloads/roof5APPGOODtest/rover3/r3.UBX

Unfortunately the program doesnt throw error for either of these so I’m scared I’m doing it wrong even though the program is not complaining.

from rtklib manual

-y sys exclude systems (G:GPS,R:GLO,E:Galileo,J:QZSS,S:SBAS,C:BeiDou)

Your RINEX is human-readable. Why don’t you try it a couple of different ways and see what works.

I’ve done it before, but I just can’t remember which is the right way :thinking: My guess is with the commas.

1 Like

Hi Bide,

I ran once using comma and once using separate -y. I noticed that the header was slightly difference in # / TYPES OF OBSERV of the .OBS was wondering if you can tell which one is correct.

Using
./convbin -r ubx -f 1 -y E,C /home/patrick/Downloads/roof5APPGOODtest/base4/b4.UBX

4    C1    L1    C2    L2                              # / TYPES OF OBSERV 

./convbin -r ubx -f 1 -y E -y C /home/patrick/Downloads/roof5APPGOODtest1/base4/b4.UBX

2    C1    L1                                          # / TYPES OF OBSERV

Your output looks like the difference between -f 1 and -f 2

If you really didn’t change the f parameter, then you may have found a bug. C2 and L2 observations are for dual frequency receivers. They do not need to be enabled for logs generated by Reach devices.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.