RTK post processing with TBC (Trimble Geomatic Office)

Hello everyone,
I am familiarizing myself with the Reach RS, for which I made two static points of two hours each and an RTK file with relative coordinates, downloaded the raw files of the static points and exported the work done with RTK in shp, dxf and csv format .
For the post processing I am using TBC, the static points were processed to obtain absolute coordinates with CORS stations with rinex 3.0
This are my questions:
For verification I sent the rinex to the AUSPOS processing page, but it generates the following error report (The submitted RINEX file: has an observation span less than 1 hour.), what is the reason?
I need to get the absolute coordinates of the RTK job, but the rinex file, the TBC takes it as a static point and does not show me the points measured with RTK, I could move to the absolute coordinates on the map with the shp or dxf files, but I think it is not the idea, the question is: does Reach RS generate some file to be able to post the RTK in TBC?
Thank you very much in advance

Emlid people, any news?

Hi

The static files from Reach RS are single frequency and therefore cannot be processed by AUSPOS. AUSPOS requires dual frequency data for a minimum of 1 hour.

The static file you produced at your network rover is a dynamic file, because you were moving from point to point. This type of file is known as a fast static or stop and go raw data file and AUSPOS will not process these files.

AUSPOS will recognise that you were not static in a single location for more than one hour and therefore you do not meet there requirements and you received the error message.

Reach RS does not yet have the capability of recording a raw data file containing stop and go points that can be post processed.

To verify your RTK data, set your Reach RS rover on a tripod and let it record static data for more than one hour. Turn the rover off to stop the file. Turn the rover back on and then connect to your CORS station. Get a fixed solution and then store an RTK point for the same location on the tripod.

Post process the Rinex file you collected in step one and compare the results to the RTK point you stored in step 2.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the response, just a couple of considerations, in my country we should wait a day for the geographic institute to publish the rinex files to be able to post process and thus obtain absolute coordinates of the static points positioned, for this reason we need to post process again the RTK files.
I think it would be very important to take my comments into consideration and try to implement the recording of stop and go files, which can be reprocessed.

Again, thank you very much for your clarifications.

Best regards,

Hello Ojedajairo

The requirements in your country for a delay of 1 day is common for such services. It is the same here in Australia.

I am not part of Emlid and so cannot speak on their behalf, but the ability for the Reach RS units to record stop and go static data is probably beyond their scope of work at this time.

I post process this point using the Canadian CSRS-PPP post processing service to get the ITRF coordinates of the base position. This service is able to handle stop and go files. I have not tried this using the current Reach raw data files.

regards

Bryan

Bryan,

Thank you very much for your help

Regards,

Jairo

For stop and go “static”, why not go into the ReachView “Logging” Tab and start and stop logging for each point you stop on? This would create a file for each individual point

Yes, you could do this, but the short duration static file that typically results from this method will result in post processed accuracy of > than 2m or more which stops it being useful.
Stop and Go files are a single static file that has markers in it to identify when you stopped for a short time.

The post processing software has sufficient data in the file to work out the errors properly. When it processes the marked points it is just computing a position and applying the error corrections calculated on the whole of the data in the file.

regards Bryan

1 Like

Why not add a time mark trigger then? Trigger the Reach when you stop on a mark and then again when you leave your mark. Then when processed you can extract each point within your marks.

Hi @ojedajairo,

Unless there’s no stop and go option for the raw logging on the reach, I’d recommend you to write full log of your surveying and then post-process it point by point. You can use Time Start and Time End option for this in RTKLIB software.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.