RTK EMLID Caster, Coordinate Averaging

Hi

I have been testing RTK using LoRa and Caster for quite a while. For the distance less than 10km, it gave us satisfying accuracy. We set our observation time at 30 seconds. Now I wonder, how exactly does RS2 computing the final coordinate? is it by averaging 30 seconds recorded coordinate, or by applying certain statistic?
Because I realize normally in the first 5 seconds, the coordinate fluctuate quite significant until it becomes oscillate steadily in certain range.

Caster Record

Would highly appreciate your response
Cheers

Hi @pramujati,

It uses averaging. But a Float solution accuracy is on the sub-meter level.

Because I realize normally in the first 5 seconds, the coordinate fluctuate quite significant until it becomes oscillate steadily in certain range.

Such predictions aren’t something you can rely on. You can catch RMA jumps at any time.

What are your survey conditions? Can’t you achieve a Fix with Reach RS2?

Hi @svetlana.nikolenko thanks for your response

Actually the figure that I attached earlier was only to visualize how I used caster during the survey. But in the actual field, I managed to get fixed all the time.

It uses averaging. But a Float solution accuracy is on the sub-meter level.

In this case, for instance, I have a fixed solution and I measure a point for 15 seconds, and given the first 5-second coordinates are fluctuated and becomes more stable afterwards, does it mean the fluctuated coordinate will be averaged with the stable one? it makes the measurement a little bit biased, doesn’t it? Should it be excluded instead?

Hi,

Oh, I got you. In general, you’re right. But how much did it fluctuate? I mean, if you have a Fix, these fluctuations shouldn’t be that much to affect the final solution in the wrong way.

By the way, is there any specific reason for using Reach Panel instead of ReachView 3? Maybe some functionality is missed?

Thank you for your response @svetlana.nikolenko.

Yes indeed that this fluctuation is not much significant. I just want to understand more about the averaging method that is used. so in the future, I can have better judgement if I encounter problem in the future.

Nothing, In particular
I used reach panel just to record the issue

Thanks

Got you! If you encounter any issues in the future, please reach out to us :slightly_smiling_face: We want to know about all difficulties and help with them.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.