RS3 compatible software

Hi all,
recently we purchased Emlid RS3 for our project, idea was to involve an engineers to use them but Emlid flow (free version) doesn’t have an option to stake out surface. Does anyone knows when this option will be available on Emlid Flow or is there any other software that can be easily used by non surveyor (site engineers, lab testers, supervisors etc…) for checking surfaces and picking up the points on site.
Thanks in advance

Hi @predrag.nikolic,

Welcome to the community!

We’re currently researching and collecting more information about staking out surfaces, and the Product Design team would like to know more about your workflow.

1. You mentioned that several engineers have to be involved in staking out surface. How many engineers do you mean? Will they all need to work with the same surface on the same project?
  2. Do you need to work with the same surface across multiple projects, or do you always work on one project? If you use the same surface in multiple projects, could you describe what you use it for? It would be great if you could describe your general workflow or the type of work where it’s necessary.
  3. What happens to the surface file after the work is done? Do you use the file as a part of a report, delete it, or save it for future projects?

You can also send the answer to us via email at support@emlid.com if you are not comfortable sharing your answers publicly.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Das gleiche Problem habe ich auch, ich möchte mit dem rs2 und rs3 Oberfläche kontrollieren, sowieso ausschachtungen verfolgen. Leiderist das einlesen von Dxf Triangulation oder LandXmL Dateien noch nicht möglich. Für mich ist das aber ein sehr wichtiges Tool!!!

Ich hoffe das dort mit Hochdruck dran gearbeitet wird.

Hallo,

Ich benötige die D3 Fläche zur kontrolle von Ausschaltungen und zur Überprüfung von Schichtstärken.

Mir würde es genügen, wenn ich eine fertige Triangulation einer Oberfläche einlesen und abstecken könnte. Ich möchte den RS2 und RS3 wie einen Rotationslaser benutzen, nur halt in einer drei dimensionalen Fläche.

Das erzeugen einer 3Doberfläche in der Flow APP wäre natürlich perfekt, aber kein muss.
Mir würde es voll und ganz genügen, wenn ich eine Oberfläche einlesen und im Feld überprüfen könnte.
Für die Maschinen Steuerung nutzen wir dxf formate, oder die LandXML, REB ist auch möglich.

Gerne würde ich das mit dem Support per teamviewer an meinem PC besprechen.

Trimble/Leica und Topcon haben diese Möglichkeit Oberfläche zu bearbeiten und zu verarbeiten bereits im Einsatz. Ich nutze eine trimble Totalstation, das ist mir aber immer Zuviel Arbeit, der RS2 bzwRS3 soll mir da die arbeit wesentlich erleichtern.

Good morning Ruth,
all of the engineers will work on a same surface design, usually only for checks according to the finish level, fill and cut areas, services against the finish level, no reports needed, but it will be good to have that option.
Do you have an idea when that option will be available?

Thanks in advance

Hi @predrag.nikolic,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will relay this to the team.

Do you have an idea when that option will be available

We are still researching this topic. Thus, I’m afraid I can’t share any ETA for now. If there’s any update on this, I’ll let you know!

Hi @muellergalabau,

Thanks for describing your workflow in detail. I’ll pass this on to the team. If there are any updates, I’ll let you know.