RS2+ with M300 L1 PPK Workflow not getting the right outputs in DJI Terra

Hi. I have rented the above equipment and attempted to fly and get what we need for a project. We set up our RS2+ on a known point that already has coordinates provided to us in NAD83(2011)CA Zone 2/NAVD88(2018). I have been trying to process using PPK in DJI Terra but the output is always too high or too low compared to the control points used. That is also an estimate as the control points are not analyzed in the quality report. It does show them but lists the coordinates in meters even though they are us ft and i have selected us ft for the output coordinate system.

I have tried leaving the base station center point as is in DJI Terra (about 10 feet too high). I have tried changing it to the WGS84 version of the known coordinates in state plane i have (about 12 feet too low). I have tried inputing the state plane coordinates of the known point for the base station and that is way off (289 feet too high). I am very confused and at a loss.

Have you deleted the RTB file in your DJI folder and replaced it with an OBS file with the same naming convention? And then have you used the APC position of the antenna in the Terra base settings?

1 Like

I should have clarified. We are trying to process ppk not rtk so we had rtk disabled hence there is no rtb file. We did import the YY0 file from the emlid and renamed it the same naming convention as the rest of the files in the ship folder as an .obs file type.

Can you clarify the apc question? I’m not sure what you mean?

What linear units are you using for elevations ? If it’s a large elevation, the difference between usft and ift could be significant.

All published NADVD88 elevations are in usft.

The units we were given for the elevation of the known control point is in US ft. I believe we have our inputs and outputs all in US ft as well. Something that is weird is that the quality report shows our checkpoint coordinates in the usft but states they are in meters. Which is obviously wrong. It also does not give any kind of comparison to the checkpoints which is weird. I am not sure what is going wrong on that end but it may have something to do with it as well.