RS2+/RS3 with M300/M350 in Built up areas

Hi there Everybody!

I am looking to use the Emlid as an RTK base station for the M300/350 from DJI. My use case requires the base station to either be set up on the ground or on the top of a building to allow the RTK functionality to ensure the drone will be more stable in winds and deal better with the GPS Multipathing and magnetic caused by flying close to buildings.

Please if anybody has any experience with this kind of application or less specifically the use of the emlid as a base station for DJI drones in cities that would also be great.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @ahdrone,

Welcome to our community! We were in touch via email. But let me post my comments here too, in case someone else has the same question.

The workflow of Reach RS2+/Reach RS3 integration with DJI RTK drones is described in this guide. You need to place the base over a point with known coordinates and configure base output via NTRIP. If you have a stable internet connection, you can send the corrections to the drone controller using the free Emlid Caster. For areas without internet, Reach has a local NTRIP feature.

As for the placement of the base, I recommend that you place it on the top of the building if possible. This way, it’ll have the best satellite visibility, which will improve the results.

Speaking of practical experience with this setup, I think it’s better to ask our users. So, guys, if you have any tips to share, don’t hesitate to do so!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.