RS2 no SIM

Seems I was having some issues today. It would connect to 3g but then dump it and show no sim. I’ll PM the log to you.

Hi Seth,

Could you please share the Full System report from the receiver with the SIM card inserted via support@emlid.com? Polina is on vacation, so we can’t access the files you’ve sent for now.

Sent

1 Like

Hi Seth,

As I see, the Internet was unavailable via modem when the report was generated. However, it looks like the SIM card operator was detected before that, and the receiver was connected to the Internet.

Could you please provide me with the following details so that I can understand the issue better:

• Do I get it right that the SIM card is detected in ReachView 3, but after a while, the Mobile data turns off itself, and the app shows No SIM? It will be of great help if you share a screencast of the Mobile data tab to take a closer look.

• Do you use a 3G GSM SIM card?

• Does the SIM card support M2M technology?

• Do I understand correctly that you’ve entered the APN provided by the mobile operator?

• Did this SIM card work with the receiver fine earlier? If so, when the device started to behave this way?

• Do I get it right that the SIM card is detected in ReachView 3, but after a while, the Mobile data turns off itself, and the app shows No SIM? Yes It will be of great help if you share a screencast of the Mobile data tab to take a closer look. Ill try to get a screenshot.
  • Do you use a 3G GSM SIM card? Yes
  • Does the SIM card support M2M technology? Yes
  • Do I understand correctly that you’ve entered the APN provided by the mobile operator? Yes
  • Did this SIM card work with the receiver fine earlier? If so, when the device started to behave this way? It never worked until this beta came out.

Hi Seth,

Thank you for the details! I’ll be waiting for the screenshot.

Is there a chance that the mobile data can be enabled fine on this Reach RS2 if you use another SIM card? If so, could you please clarify whether this SIM card supports M2M and share a screenshot of the Mobile data tab from the test? It will help us localize the issue.

Also, please provide me with the receiver’s Serial number. To determine it, you can scan the QR code under the Reach RS2 SIM card slot cover.

I don’t have another SIM card to try that is gsm. I’ll get you the serial number.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.