RS2 issue with Shapefile

I haven’t check your data but I have noticed issues in reading the shapefile exported from the android ReachView 3 in ArcMap 10.7.1 and ArcGIS Pro. I’m able to view the points but unable to view the attribute table as it fails to load, The same shapefile and attribute table loads correctly in QGIS though.

I suspect this is because the ReachView 3 export includes non alphanumeric characters (full stops “.” and spaces " ") in the shapefile field names.

An option is to use the “feature class to feature class” tool, this will copy the shapefile data to a new output and will force legal fields names so the attribute data can be displayed.

Here are some links to ESRI references on the topic:

Field names need to adhere to certain conventions for them to be valid. Keep the following guidelines in mind when you name a field:

• Spaces and certain characters are not supported in field names. Special characters include hyphens such as in x-coordinate and y-coordinate; parentheses; brackets; and symbols such as $, %, and #. Essentially, eliminate anything that is not alphanumeric or an underscore.
  • Be sure to edit the field names in delimited text files or other tables to remove unsupported characters before trying to use the files in ArcGIS.
  • Avoid starting field names with a number or an underscore.