RS2 does not fully charge the battery

Hello, greetings for a new year to begin!
Since I installed version 2.24.2 one of my RS2 does not charge 100% the battery, after more than 12 hours it still does not fix the last charge led. The other RS2 in 8 or 9 hours charge 100%. What could be happening?
SystemReport.zip (625.5 KB)

1 Like

Hi,
I’m also experiencing strange issues with charge-indication on RS2. Last time I tried to fully charge, but kept flashing 3 LEDs, so I stopped charging. when powering on the device the next day, the LEDs where indicating a full charge…

It’s an issue for quite some time, but it looks like it should be fixed in the next stable release:

Only one charge full
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A7UGruHhKVGVR-gT7g92ZvQc2XWcz09N/view?usp=sharing

Hello ! use a solar panel charger with USB output and 100% charge. The strange thing that I tried with the two 2 amp chargers that I have one rs2 charge and the other one does not, will I need more charging current?

In the release notes of 2.25.1 they said:

• Reduce charge current in case of overheat on Reach RS2

So maybe try a charger with less charging current :slight_smile:
Also I think I’ve seen the charging leds blinking while it wasn’t actually charging. (verified charging current in RV2 by clicking on the battery icon)

1 Like

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the report!

We’ll look into the Full System report you shared and get back with a conclusion or further questions.

1 Like

Hi Luis,

Please run the additional test:

• turn the unit on
  • leave the unit on charge for at least 8 hours while it’s turned on
  • generate the Full System Report and send it in

This is needed to record all information about the battery charging process into the logs. This way, we’ll be able to see what exactly happens while the unit is on charge.

1 Like

This night I will do it and send the report, the strange thing is in a single RS2 the other loads normally.
But the one that does not charge the battery runs out when stored for more than a week

1 Like

@polina.buriak Hi Polina! must the battery be discharged for this test?

Hi Luis,

The unit can be discharged at some level. What we need to see is what happens when it tries to take charge.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.