RS2 does not connect to wifi after firmware update

I downloaded the latest firmware in the field while connected to my phones hotspot. After finishing the download I rebooted everything and now the receiver does not connect to my hotspot anymore. I am currently sitting in my office with it charging

1 Like

Hi Trey,

It sounds weird because the firmware update doesn’t remove known Wi-Fi networks.

Please check the LED status of the receiver: is Wi-Fi LED white solid? If so, Reach broadcasts its hotspot. You need to join it and press on the receiver’s icon in ReachView 3 app. Then, please follow our guide to connect Reach to your mobile hotspot.

If the Wi-Fi LED is solid blue, Reach is already connected to the known Wi-Fi network. You need to join it with your mobile device to see the receiver in the app.

The light isn’t lighting up at all

Hmm, it appears that some firmware components were installed improperly for some reason.

In this case, you can try firmware reflashing with Flasher tool. Reflashing cleans up the device’s memory, so you’ll need to add your mobile hotspot again after that.

UPD: fixed the typo

1 Like

That did the trick! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Trey,

I’m happy to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.