RS2 connection problems Wifi with iPhone

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and I’m German, which is why my English is not the best.
Following problem:
Since the software update of the RS2 to the latest software v2.24.2, it is no longer possible to establish a connection from the RS2 to the hotspot of the iPhone 11. Sometimes reach connects briefly to the cell phone and a few seconds later the connection is disconnected. Unfortunately I’m at a loss.
Thank you for your answers in advance

Greetings Jonas

Just to be clear the hotspot of the phone for NTRIP? Or the hotspot of the RS2 via WiFi to get into Reachview?

1 Like

for NTRIP, when the reach builds up its hotspot, I can connect without further ado, but it doesn’t work the other way around. The goal would be that the Reach is connected to the iPhone hotspot and receives the NTRIP data and establishes the connection to the app.

So you,

1. Connected to the RS2 receiver’s hotspot with your phone
  2. Changed the setting to connect the RS2 to your iPhone’s hotspot
  3. Turned the RS2 off
  4. Turned off WiFi on your iPhone
  5. Turned on the hotspot on your iPhone making sure to toggle the let others join option)
  6. Turned on the RS2
  7. The RS2 successfully connects, but…

then it just suddenly drops? Does it ever work for an extended period of time?

1 Like

yes, that’s exactly how I do it, but when the RS2 tries to connect to the WiFi from my iPhone it fails. If I try it 50 times it might work one time. If it works the connection holds and everything works. every now and then it comes before the reach connects only very briefly about 3 seconds. and then the connection to the iPhone hotspot leaves again.

1 Like

Hi Jonas,

Could you please generate a Full System Report on the unit and send it to me in PM for a closer look? It’d help us understand the issue fully.

2 Likes

Hi Jonas,

Thanks, I’ve received the report. I’ll look into it and get back to you with the results.

Could you please clarify if you face the same issue when Reach connects to another Wi-Fi network? It will help to check what might be wrong.

1 Like

Just thinking, when is the last time you have reset the iOS network settings? It will cause a loss of passwords, but it’s a pretty easily troubleshooting step. Also, I don’t see that we discussed what version you are on… I am seeing quite a few posts across the internet about more trouble with disconnecting hotspots on v14.x.x.

1 Like

The problem only occurs when connected to the iPhone hotspot on all other wifi work properly

Hi Jonas,

Please check your PM. I’ve written to you there.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.