RS2 charging issues

Apparently the charge/discharge cycle doesn’t take a long time. (50 / 15 minutes)

Every now and then, I wrote down the voltage/current etc. from reachview web interface:

But here, I asume it’s charged based on the voltage, SoC is stuk at 65%/4th LED

@kseniia.suzdaltseva : I’ve sent another full system report, generated immediately after plugging in RS2 (nevertheless, it already indicated > 15 % charge)

Used it the next day and it started with 3 LEDs.

This morning, I’ve plugged the device into the USB-charger, and it was the opposite situation: 5V with 100% SoC, and battery won’t load:

With this behavior, the device isn’t usable any more (although it’s less than 1 year old)

5V is the very very minimum of such a battery, to the extent that I would argue that battery would be damaged. If you disconnect the charger, does the voltage go lower or does the unit turn off ?

The unit turns off immediately, so at least this protection is working. But it doesn’t want to charge (probably because it thinks the SoC is 100%). I’m pretty sure that yesterday evening I left it (just sitting on the desk, unconnected and powered off) with a voltage of 6.6V (mentionning SoC of 22%). This morning wouldn’t boot unless USB-charger was connected, with the 100%/5V screenshot from the earlier post.

To me that indicates a dead battery.

I’m afraid you’re right, but it did 50 cycles at most… so this is way too fast. I’ve started an RMA-request through the seller where I’ve purchased.
Just wish I would at least try to charge, now I don’t even dare to use it with power attached (because of the extremely low voltage). If the voltage could get to reasonable levels, I’ld be able to use it with permanent power through 9-pin connector.

I thought of updating to 26.5 as well, maybe something improved, but with this kind of power supply, It’s probably not a good idea to start a firmware upgrade

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Kseniia is vacationing. I’ll take your case. Could you send Full system reports from your tests to support@emlid.com? I’ll check them. These SoC jumps look weird, indeed.

You’ve got mail :slight_smile: (ticket number 46775), thanks for taking over.

Yes, I’ve received them, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.