RS2 base-rover w/ survpc or fieldgenius

How can i use base and rover with
-carlson survpc
-fieldgenius

FG yes. SURVCE, I assume so, but not sure. Search the forum for posts about FG and RS2 using generic NMEA stream driver until native driver from MicroSurvey provided. Bit works fine apparently.

1 Like

For RTK with internet no problem, the issue is when i want to setup a base with any softhware, no option to do it as a normal base-rover

You use ReachView to set up base-rover communication for RTK.

The rover receives the corrections from the base; it does the processing, and it produces the output coordinates.

If you use a 3rd-party app like FieldGenius or SurvCE, they get the coordinates directly from the rover. They don’t care about your base.

4 Likes

So they work as base and rover with field and survce, the only thing i have to do is seting them in reach app

Yes. Just NMEA output to bluetooth for FieldGenius or SurvCE/PC.

You do NOT need to do any setting for base within Fieldgenius or SurvCE/PC. The base you control setup in ReachView. The base works independently from FieldGenius or SurvCE/PC.

That’s the beauty of the Emlid Reach products.

2 Likes

Thanks i will tryit

Wath abouth the raw data callection,?
-base raw data
-stop and go for rover

I need this for postprocessing

Bluetooth is used for communicating the processed coordinate output to other devices.

Raw data files are downloaded from ReachView over Wi-Fi.

2 Likes

Will survCE or FieldG show if the solution is fixed or not using the units as base/rover?

Blockquote
Yes. Just NMEA output to bluetooth for FieldGenius or SurvCE/PC.
You do NOT need to do any setting for base within Fieldgenius or SurvCE/PC. The base you control setup in ReachView. The base works independently from FieldGenius or SurvCE/PC.

I use FieldGenius and others here also. Yes, FG will show FIXED, FLOAT, DGPS, autonomous in the UNITS you selct at start of your project in FG.

Emlid ReachView is currently only meters, but that is fine if using a third party software such as FG. You can choose meters, international survey feet or US survey feet in FG.

2 Likes

Thank you, i just finally got the rs2 as base and rs+ as rover setup, the bad thing is that it lost communication with the base as soon i got behind a building, at 100ft is ok, more than that and behind a building no link to base

2 Likes

You might be much better off if you have a free NTRIP CORS service in your area or pay for it and use just the RS2 as the rover to solve that problem… or sell the RS+ and get another RS2.

What software are you using with the Sokkia tablet?

When you say lost communication, I assume you mean with LoRa. Are you also losing FIX?

Hi @delval3,

I think the building might be a reason for losing the link between base and rover.

May I ask you to follow this guide explaining how to tune LoRa radio and check if it helps?

Please keep us updated.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.