RS2 and Samsung hotspot

For some reason i can’t approach rs2 in hotspot mode with my samsung a50.
Using an old iphone 6 , everything works perfectly fine. I’ve read some posts in this forum, and i can see lots of you have the same issue, i tried most of the possible solutions, but no succes so far…

Hi @dirk-jan,

Please make sure the mobile data option is switched off on your Android smartphone while you connect to the Reach’s hotspot. Do I get it right that you’re working with ReachView 3 app?

Polina,

Thank’s for your reply.

I work with Reachview 2 and 3, i need Reachview 2 to change talker ID , that doesn’t work in RV3.

If i switch off mobile data i can get a connection for a short time, and then i can’t connect anymore. With an old Iphone it works perfect!

Dirk-Jan

Hi Dirk-Jan,

Would it be possible to share a screen-recording of such behavior? It will help me to understand these connection issues better.

Hi Dirk-Jan,

Did you have a chance to create a screen-recording of this issue? It’d be also helpful if you could share the Full System Report from the unit with me in PM or over the support@emlid.com. This will help us to check the internal configurations of the unit.

Sorry for my late reply. I bought a new samsung A51 and still the same issue. It connects for a few minutes and then it loses connection. Reach is still in de wifi list, but no connection possible. I saw in this forum that these problems occur more often. With an old iphone it works perfectly, so i use this now.

Works fine on my Samsung S21 Ultra.

Hey everyone,

This issue seems really strange. We’ll try to investigate it with Dirk-Jan further on.