RS2 and Carlson SurvCE v.6

Has anyone tested the new RS2 with SurveCE version 6 yet? I am very interested in the RS2s but need to know about integration into our fleet, before purchasing.

2 Likes

Hi @chrisw,

Reach RS2 works with SurvCE version 5.06 and newer.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve even tested it already during the expo in Melbourne :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi,
does RS2 works with SurvCE directly or it needs cellphone with reachview app to run simultaneously?
The RS2 has itā€™s own RTK engine or the processing is done on the reachview app?
The SurvCE tutorial on your site I think is for RS+. If the RS2 has itā€™s own GPRS modem then there is no need to use ā€œData Collector Internetā€ in survCE.
Can you post instructions for using SurvCE with RS2?

1 Like

This reply is about ReachView in general and doesnā€™t cover your question about SurvCE:

ReachView runs inside your Reach device. ReachView is a web app that is served from a web server running inside your Reach device.

The ReachView ā€˜mobile appā€™ is a helper application which 1) finds your Reach device(s) on the local network and 2) opens ReachView in a browser window.

1 Like

Here you go

https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs2/common/tutorials/survce/

3 Likes

Thank you both.

1 Like

I have noticed that SurvCE 6 only has a profile for the RS+. The antenna offsets differ for the RS2 and RS+. Using the RS+ profile will yield incorrect elevations because it is accounting for the wrong offset. I created a custom profile to program the correct offset for the RS2 (134 mm). I am not totally confident in my results so far. Does anyone know when SurvCE will be updated with a profile for the RS2? Or does emlid have a profile to share that I can program into SurvCE?

Hi Will,

Does anyone know when SurvCE will be updated with a profile for the RS2?

Iā€™d recommend reaching out to their support with this question. Iā€™m afraid we canā€™t be of much help here.

Or does emlid have a profile to share that I can program into SurvCE?

At the moment, you can use a custom profile with distance to ARP equal to 134mm.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update this topic with the latest info :slight_smile:

Now we have the ReachView 3 app to control our receivers, collect and stake out points.

If you havenā€™t tried the app yet, do it right now as it is free, and share your feedback with us in a new thread.

1 Like